Friday, April 15, 2016

It is past 4 pm on a Friday evening. I am having existential crisis in broad day light. It’s been little over two and half years since I left grad school, and have been working for one of the industry leaders in Silicon Valley. Sounds like a dream coming true. But, I am yet to realize my dream coming true. I think I have been getting increasingly complacent with the comfortable life style with a good work-life balance a big-fat check every month can provide. Once in a while I head into the woods and to the mountains, to break this monotony. Sometimes I even get this self-realization kick in the back of my head, making me think what I am doing with my life towards where I want to be. Truth is, after so many years of excitement of coming to grad school, and getting out of it, having that faith that this is what I want to do, I had been moving forward. But, at some point, when I stay stagnant for a while, it starts to get itchy in my head. Like in the last years of grad school, I just wanted to get out of it as quickly as possible. All the excitements of being in academia had suddenly succumbed in front of the excitement of facing the real life challenges, entering into the deep waters of corporate work culture. And like these past two and half years of working even in a good learning environment, I feel like I am bored already. I need to break out of this monotony again. I need to rediscover myself. I need to redefine my path. I need to be myself again. Or maybe, I just need to head to the mountains for a while again. Adios. Have a good weekend (Although I hate this phrase. It sounds so depressing as if we are only living for the weekends).

1 comment: